Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Little O.C.D. Me

First off, I do not want to offend anyone that may truly have O.C.D. This is meant only as a light-hearted poke at me...and anyone else who chooses to comment.

There are a few areas in my life where I do the same thing, the same way, every time. I thought it might be fun to share a few of them.
  • When folding laundry, I have to stand in the exact same place next to my bed. I place each family members clothing in the same place on the bed every time...including the piles for their shirts, pants, PJs, underwear, etc. This only happens on Tuesdays...laundry day...every week.Ashlyn's clothes go at the foot of the bed on Jerry's side of the bed... her PJs are at the very end followed by her shirts and then her pants.
  • When I change a diaper on the changing table, my childs head must be on the right, every time. I can not change it if their head is on the left (which is odd in, and of, itself because I am right-handed).
  • When I clean my house, I start in the same room with the same chore, every time.
  • When I take a shower, I wash my body first, shampoo second, conditioner third, and shave fourth, every time. If I run out of conditioner, I'm screwed...can't function...seriously.
  • I put on one sock and then my shoe before putting on the other sock and shoe, every time.
  • Every time I make my bed, the top sheet has to be folded down and the pillows have to be positioned just right. Ask Jerry, I rearrange them when he helps out. But nevertheless, I am grateful for the help he affords me.
  • Every night when we go to bed, NOTHING can be out of place in the house...toys, throw pillows, kitchen chairs, dishes in the sink. It can be 2:30am and I'm loading the dishwasher.
  • Toilet paper must come OVER THE TOP of the roll, every time. C'mon people, get it right! :)
Now it's your turn...you down with O.C.D? Do share...

1 Corinthians 14:40
Let all things be done decently and in order.

3 comments:

Jerry Welch said...

The scripture says "decently" and in order ... I would add a few but I think refraining would be best.

But you did make me laugh. Except for the pre-bed time stuff ... that makes me cry.

LOL.

Angela said...

OMG, I am cracking up!!
1) Totally agree with the TP thing.
2) And the bed making.
3) I wish I couldn't go to bed with anything in the house out of place, but let's face it, I would NEVER sleep!!
4) I am OCD about dresser drawers and closets. I can't stand messy drawers or crap thrown in the bottom of the closet (ask Chrisy and Randi, they make fun of me!)
5) I am also OCD about the kitchen cabinets and drawers. I think it started in college or when we had our first TINY apartment and everything HAD to be put up in its place or it wouldn't all fit.

My sister and I think that alot of the reason we are the way we are is a result of my mom being a "clutter bug" and us having to grow up with it. Clutter absolutely drives me INSANE.

Billy Self said...

Silly Belf O.C.D. If I am running... No matter what, I try my hardest to have an even number of steps within a particular section of concrete or sidewalk. If I'm doing interval training (Fast), 2 steps between sections...if doing a recovery run or slow jog (real slow) then maybe 6, 8, or 10 steps between each section...depending on the neighborhood. Also, i can NEVER step on a crack...unless 100% unavoidable!!!!! and it has to be a serious situation. I'm talking about all runs... even the 2 marathons that I've completed. Now, to the complicated stuff...

If there is an angle crack in the concrete that is a result of a water meter, drain, etc... and the imaginary line that extends from that short angle crack most also be avoided at all costs.

I'm not kidding...it's been that way for years.

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates