Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday

Three years ago today I walked into the hospital at 6:30 in the morning, ready to begin induction. Your original due date was October 28th, but the doctor said you were going to be a little bigger than your sister (7lb 9oz) and felt induction was the way to go. After being hooked up to various IVs, machines and monitors, I sat...anxiously awaiting your arrival. As the medication started kicking in and contractions increased, I anticipated your birth, but oddly relished the last few moments I would have with you in my womb. I spent eight agonizing hours in labor only to be told that you had no intentions of making your appearance the "normal" way. After much hush-hush discussion, the doctors felt it would be best for both of us if you were delivered via c-section. Because the medication had not worked properly, they informed me I would have to be put under general anesthesia. I cried. I was crushed that I would not get to lay eyes on you the moment you entered this world, but...it was all for your health and safety. I was so nervous...I prayed for you, my sweet son.

After I awoke from surgery, Daddy told me you had been born at 4:09pm and weighed 9lbs 2oz. WOW! What a big boy! Daddy was so sweet and waited patiently for me to "come to"...he wanted you to meet both of us together for the first time. The nurse then wheeled you into my room in your clear plastic bassinet. Even for a "big" baby you were still SO small. I studied your chocolate brown hair and your steel blue eyes. 10 tiny fingers, 10 tiny toes. You were truly a beautiful newborn...I know I am biased but several people stopped and confirmed my opinion.

And now here we are...three years later. Your smile lights up the room. You have an amazing sense of humor with FANTASTIC comedic timing. You are so smart and so sweet. You are a joy to have as a first born son...you still are a truly beautiful child.

I love you Aidan Michael. Happy 3rd Birthday.

4 comments:

Jerry Welch said...

The dude.

Lucia Luschek said...

so cute... such sweet pictures. I LOVE the one of Ashlyn looking at him at the top :)

Angela said...

Happy Birthday little man. I can't believe you are already 3 years old!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Aidan!!! Your mommy did an awesome job on that cool cake!!!! I hope you ate lots of it!!!! :)

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates