Monday, September 8, 2008

The Protestant Irish Fan


Being a fan of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish makes as much sense for me as being a fan of the Brigham Young Cougars. I am not Catholic anymore than I am Mormon. Yet, I am drawn by the mighty pigskin. I am consumed by the roar of the crowd...the chant of the dedicated...the rumble of the stadium. I am intrigued by the die-hard fan that paints their face (and their body) to show support for a group of individuals that don't even know they exist. It is human nature to desire oneness...we want to belong.

Notre Dame Fight Song

Cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame,
Wake up the echoes cheering her name,
Send a volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky!
What though the odds be great or small,
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to victory!

And hey... my kids all look great in their football jersey.




(photo courtesy of Uncle Dave)

GO IRISH!

3 comments:

Jerry Welch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry Welch said...

I'd also like the top pic for the office ...

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates