Monday, September 22, 2008

Marshmallows and Peanut Butter

Our sweet baby Austin has had an issue with self-feeding. At 19 months, the fact that he will still only eat Cheetos, crackers, Goldfish...basically anything crunchy, has bothered me, but I blame it on the fact that he's our last baby. I breastfed the kid until he was 15 months! I made lunch for the older kids today and decided I would make the same plate for AJ. Without hesitation he picked up his peanut butter sandwich and started chowing down! He even decided to comment on the matter...

"Mmmmm, mmmmm. Dee-shish-shish."



Later on this afternoon he was reaching for the pantry. I opened it and gave him the first thing in front of me...multi-colored marshmallows. I had tried to give them to him in the past, but he would take one in his fingers, mash it and throw it on the floor (this is the usual reaction to any new food). He grabbed the marshmallow and popped it in his mouth...and kept reaching for more!

For dinner I had made tortellini with chicken. I cut up chicken and placed it in front of him...and he ate it too! I am so proud of my little man for FINALLY making a breakthrough in his feeding today! Keep up the good work, Austin Jimmy!

I tell ya...Perseverence pays!

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates