Monday, August 11, 2008

This Thing Called Life

So, this never-ending, all encompassing rat race I call life has sent me running full force to the arms of my HP desktop in hopes of some much-needed relief.

The concoction of high pitched shrills from our two-year old combined with the bossiness of our 4 year old is beginning to make me gray before my time. But, I wouldn't trade any of this for the world. I am blessed to have three beautiful, healthy children. I have the love of a good, godly husband and the support of amazing Christian family.

I have been consumed by the world of bloggers lately. I stand in awe at the stories that the Lord weaves in many lives of the too-soon passing of children or "high-risk" pregnancies that so many must endure. I have sat reading hour after hour questioning why He would allow this to happen to so many followers. And then one day while sifting through the tears, it hit me. These saints have been given a glimpse of the face of the Father. See Bring the Rain. They have been given the opportunity to feel a fraction of what He must have felt when His own son gave His life so we could be saved. What a heart-wrenching gift to be given.

I can not fathom the depth of your love or the emptiness of their hearts.

And so I sit here with my 18-month old at my feet, grabbing miscellaneous wires from under my desk, hoping he won't hit the switch and shut down my entire system, and I am humbled. I will kiss his face and squeeze his rosy cheeks. I will tell my two-year old I am proud of how much he has accomplished with potty training...however unsuccessul he may have been today. I will look into the eyes of my four-year old and tell her how much I love her and that Jesus loves her even more. For I am blessed beyond measure...

1 comment:

Jerry Welch said...

I'm only commenting because even though I know all this, it is comforting to "see" the words of your heart on digital paper. Knowing that you recognize your blessings makes me desire to be a better husband.

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates