Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake

I have this secret...I like making cakes. I don't pride myself on being an artist (or a photographer), but I enjoy the satisfaction of making children's faces light up. I wanted to share some of my "work"...



This was the first cake I made...Ashlyn's 1st birthday. I had just found out the week before that we were expecting baby #2 (Aidan). I promise, they do get better!


Ashlyn's 2nd birthday...Dora the Explorer...I don't think the pic does her justice.



Aidan's 1st birthday...Baby Einstein caterpillar (I was 5 months pregnant with Austin)

I didn't make Ashlyn's 3rd birthday cake because Austin was 1 month old...sometimes you just have to eat cake from the grocery store.



Austin's 1st birthday...Oswald the Octopus



Ashlyn's 4th birthday...Barbie (it was a "princess" party that included Tinker Bell, too!) Hey, when you're the only girl, you can have all the princesses you can handle!

I couldn't find any photos of Aidan's 2nd birthday cake...it was Buzz Lightyear.


I created Mickey Mouse for my nephew Will's 2nd birthday...HUGE Mickey fan!




"Little Man" Caleb's 1st birthday cakes (he is pictured in the background).

1 comment:

Jerry Welch said...

I wonder who lovingly took all those pictures of the cakes to capture the memories? Must have been a great man ...

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates