Thursday, August 28, 2008

Impostor!

I am an impostor. I am fake and phony. I am a liar and no good.

Before my sweet husband gets on me about being down on myself (which is a chronic problem I need to work on), I will explain. I am saddened by my mediocrity. I am frustrated by my lack of intimacy with the Lord. I am broken-hearted by the way so many Christians share this same lukewarm lifestyle.

Revelation 3:16
So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

I can not even begin to comprehend the closeness I could have with Him if I only would allow myself. I am short on words right now...but the heaviness is in my heart.

Hillsong United, "Hosanna"

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity

A scripture was brought to my attention by a fellow blogger that I want to share...it is so simple, yet so direct.

1 Samuel 3:9

"Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening."
 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates